All Mod Cons

Monday, December 04, 2006

Nick Hornby Donates to the Conservative Party

The Electoral Commission reports;


But is it the Nick Hornby?


It seems unlikely, I've read all his books and he struck me as being a bit of a lefty.

However Nick Hornby has a disabled son as does David Cameron so it's conceivable they move in the same circles. Also I'm pretty sure I remember Nick Hornby speaking out against the closure of special schools which is something David Cameron has always been very vocal on.

I still think it probably isn't him but I hope it is, it would be great to have him on board.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • It's got to be him, frankly. It must be noted that in 2005 it was in his demographic (white urban professional) that the swing to the Tories was most pronounced. Putney and Hamersmith and Fulham were amongst the biggest swinging seats. These people (and I could count myself) have paid the extra taxes to the point of being hammered but feel like they have got next to nothing back.

    By Blogger Praguetory, at 9:03 am  

  • It would be brilliant if he is - I must reread How To Be Good now I think of it. There was some interesting stuff regarding leading a "good life" that might be a pointer

    By Blogger Modern Conservative, at 11:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home